Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Too Hot For You?

Get Me Out of The Kitchen

     Before  I share the next poem, I had to share: Burning, a song from my cousin's band Scattergun. This fairly accurately describes how I think summer sound would if it had a song for me. You'll need Spotify to hear it.


Heat
As the summer rages, the heat will rise
Forcing me to remain within the walls
Of my cooler home and wait for the fall’s
Relief. As the summer terrorizes,
I hide inside, the heat brutalizes,
Symptoms transform into horrendous squalls,
As each symptom, with renewed power, crawls
Through my body, as it terrorizes.

In spite of the summer’s increasing heat,
I must remain active and live my life,
Trying to retain some form of control
In my life. I will not admit defeat.
I will continue to fight through this strife,
Keeping despair from entering my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment