Sunday, May 07, 2017

Marching for dimes is easier with a scooter.

This past weekend, I was able to enjoy a fundraiser for the March of Dimes at the hospital where my wife works in Seneca, SC.

     It was an interesting event that was impacted by the summer heat, crowds, and more heat. There were bounce houses, A LOT of concessions with grilled sausages, pop, and funnel cakes. I think that had it not been for my scooter, I would've never survived as long as I did. But, as summer moves into full summer, here's what I took from this event.

The Good:
  • It was relaxing to watch my kids run around a safe place.
  • It was nice to get out of the house.
  • THE FOOD (Need I say more?)
The Not-so-Good:
  • I forgot sunscreen and burned: my head, tops of my arms, and knees.
  • I didn't pay attention to my scooter battery and almost lost its charge.
  • Getting too hot is NEVER good.
The Funny:
  • Watching my three year old try to eat a funnel cake while, "Powdering" her nose.
  • Seeing my 10 year old's pictures from a free "Glamour Shot," booth for kids. (Think of a pirate with bunny ears.)
  • Falling asleep in the lobby of the hospital because I needed: A cool place and an outlet to charge my scooter.
All in all, it was a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment