Thursday, July 27, 2017

Happy Birthday, Saoirse!

     This past Tuesday was my daughter's fourth birthday. She's never ceasing to surprise me. While looking over my shoulder as I perused my Spotify playlists, she began reading the titles: "What?" "This Means War," and, "Creature of the Wheel." Utterly flabbergasted, I played White Zombie's song, and she started headbanging to it! If there ever was a doubt, it's been settled. Between her loving Zombie (White and Rob) and her sister's love of anime, I'm either raising the cool goth kids or the crazy artsy kids. I'm happy either way. 😈
    On a more serious note, I also started more PT (Physical Therapy/Torture). Because it has been so long since I had been to therapy, I had to get evaluated, yet again, wait for approval from my insurance, and then begin. The main focus of this round will be transfer.
In the past month I have fallen A LOT. I really do not mind falling. It's the getting back to my feet that's painful. The therapist is going to help me develop a routine of prevention and tactics for returning to my feet. I am also looking into a possible wheelchair evaluation. IF I end up needing a full time wheelchair, then I want to use a manual one as long as can. I already have an electric scooter for longer 'walks', but I don't yet want to be in a "Hover Round Commercial."
     School also starts this week, and I will need as much energy as possible for Raelin's and Saoirse's orientation. So, as the heat increases for summer's last, gasping choke hold on me, I'm off to the AC. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment