Saturday, April 08, 2017

"The best laid plans . . ."

Once more unto the gym, dear friends, once more; Or grab some sweatpants and that cheesy bread!


     Well, I tried to make a commitment to get back to the gym this week. I had it all planned. I was going to resurrect my physical therapy (PT) routine, return to the gym for a chair yoga class, and share my results here, hoping to show someone that this is NOT a losing battle.  

 BUT other pans were already in play:
  • Weather interfered with a project that my wife is doing which required piles of wood to be placed all over the carport, effectively keeping m scooter immobile.
  • Weather also changed so drastically as to hamper my mobility. Basically, changing weather and pressure escalate my symptoms.
    • Which made it too tiring to walk to the car
    • And too tiring to go to the gym
    • And causing me to have severe bladder leaking
    • And making it difficult even to hold a fork/spoon/knife/sandwich/cup
  • But I was able to adapt my plans from what I wanted to do into what I could do.
    • I managed to do weight lifting exercises, using a 10 pound dumbbell.
    • I still tried to keep eating better, which basically meant, "Stop eating junk."
    • I was able to adapt some, but not all, of my leg exercises to a routine while seated in my rollator.
Hopefully, this plan will come to fruition by the end of the week.
But, here's a preview of what would've been posted:
  • PT exercises for MS physical therapy:
    For a few weeks I had physical therapy at The Shepherd Center in Atlanta, GA. While there I learned a few exercises that PLANNED on starting back up this week: a routine of arm exercises and floor exercises that were adapted to my walker.
  • Not all of these would be done every day
    • Mon, Wed, Fri
    • Tue, Thu
      The goal would be to be able to do all of them per day.
  • End result: a weekly accountability with myself
  • Possibly switching from weekly posts to semi-weekly (insert sarcastic, "Oooo" sound)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment