Monday, February 19, 2018

Just Triceps Something New

Triceps

     The triceps really aren't that exciting. They're often overshadowed other muscles. Think of the stereotypical gym scene from a movie people: running, benching, flexing, and such. But, over the years, this MesS has shown me just how important this group is. From getting into my rollator's seat, to getting off of the commode, or getting out of bed, my arms are seemingly in a constant workout mode, and the group does the most are the triceps. So, here's a brief rundown of what I do on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 2 sets of 10 reps for each arm using blue (8 lbs.) resistance band. 
     At first I didn't have any resistance bands and just used a simple, three pound hand weight. When my physical therapist showed me how to use resistance bands it went much more fluidly. The bands are what I use now and in addition to being lighter in weight, there are other bonuses as well. It's less stressful when I fall, being easier to pull myself to my feet. Getting from my rollator to the toilet is easier because there is less trembling as my triceps are better at helping me keep still. The best result, however, has to be from being able to cook. As a career fat guy, cooking being curbed due to my inability to use a knife was a real downer. But now I am seeing some ability coming back.
All in all, it's tough, frustrating, but possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment