Monday, January 22, 2018

Get Your Head In The Game

Meditation
Mindfulness
Introspection
     We've all heard about meditation and it's benefits to this MesS. But, I never really understood it, even now that I have started trying it. At the beginning of this year I started seeing a psychologist to help we with some building anger issues that began to creep out. 
  • Getting angry at the drop of a hat
  • Swearing A LOT
  • Catching myself saying the most hateful things
     So, at my wife's request, I began seeing a therapist and was introduced to the concept of, "Mindfulness." Yes, it pretty much is just guided meditation, but it is also really difficult to do with the end result being much more of a tolerable person. 
The steps which were presented to me are:
  • Find a quiet place
  • Focus on breathing
  • Empty thoughts
  • Eventually bring one's mind back to the present.
     This seemed all well and good until I tried it. I keep on spend the most time thinking, obsessively, about how much I've failed. I am going to keep at it, but not solo. I have created a playlist of just one song that repeats a few times. It's a song that is purely instrumental, calming. 
     I have also begun looking, my doctor's suggestion, at a website called Headspace. It's an interesting site, and if you're in my situation of wanting to practice 'mindfulness', then feel free to check it out.

Here is my 'mindfulness' song.

No comments:

Post a Comment