Monday, January 29, 2018

I still don't know it

     As the first month of 2018 comes to end, I have tried to keep up with my resolutions, and so far, I think that I am on track. But, now there is one final step that is rather embarrassing. I decided to share a poem about MS of my own creation each month. I have created poems in the past, maybe even shared them, but these are newly created for this year. My goal is to have a collection of twelve new poems about my life with this MesS. So, here is the first:

Changes 
My world has changed, grown.
There's now so much more to see.
In a dream, I wander aimlessly
To make improvements on my own.

I have set goals, will work tirelessly
To see them finished.
But, my ability is diminished
By this disease-inspired melancholy.

I have lost so much, but will rebuild
With a new found desire to achieve.
Forcing myself, once again, to believe,
I dedicate myself to seeing this dream fulfilled.
-Josh Evitt (2018)                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment